Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

Trey and his fav buddy from the MTC, Elder Cluff!
 
 
Whats up guys?? It's so crazy, it feels like I was just writing home a few days ago... Time is starting to fly out here! So theres not too much going on out here other than having Chris commit to be baptized, which you already know the story about so I dont need to really tell you again. It was just so awesome though. Haha he's what we like to call a golden investigator.. We asked him if he was gonna be able to make it to church and he was just like, "Well I have work... but I'm gonna call in sick so I can go." Hahaha he is so gung-ho and for me, that is SUCH a breath of fresh air.. I feel like I'm actually doing good out here!! Hahaha well, the spirit is doing good, I'm just kinda there to witness it;) I cant hardly wait till the 1st!!
So one thing that I was reading in the Book of Mormon really hit me so hard and inspired me soo so much.. So in Alma chapter 13 it talks about those in heaven who were valiant before we came to earth. It talks about how some were more valiant because of their faith and good works. So what does that mean exactly and who were those "more valiant" beings? Weren't we all valiant in the testimony of Christ and that's why we were able to come to Earth? Well... Yes and no... I was reading in Jesus the Christ and it was talking about how Lucifer battled in heaven with 1/3 of the heavenly host against the army of Michael the Arch Angel. That doesn't necessarily mean though, that the other 2/3 of heaven fought against Lucifer. It means that some fought and some stood by and watched because they didn't want to be a part of the war. Those who were MORE valiant were those such as the prophets and those who were given the Priesthood in the premortal life. They were the ones who fought. Why does Satan hate US so much and tempt US wayyyyy more than those who dont have the priesthood or the gospel in their lives?? Because WE WERE THE ONES FIGHTING AND DEFEATING HIM AND HIS ARMY!! He wants to see us fail so bad and fall into his hands of evil temptation!! That inspired me. Anyone of us could have been a general or captain in that holy army of Michael the Arch Angel. Stay strong and dont let him defeat us after we already beat him!!! I dont know about you guys, but I want to continue to be valiant and fight satan stronger and harder than ever before... I want to be that bad to the bone captain that defeats and overcomes the weapons of temptation used by Satan and his angels. WE were a chosen people. It is OUR responsibility to stand as that beacon of light.
I dont have a ton left to tell you guys!! Thats about it for this week.. Well I'll talk to you all next week!! Love you!!
Elder Trey Brimhall
 
 
 Being the outdoorsman that he is, Trey can't resist taking pictures of antlers & birds!!
 

 
Woah baby...someone's been working out!! Looking good there Elder B!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment