Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 7, 2014

So this week has been kinda weird...we have been kind of teaching a couple families and we were expecting like 10 people at church but we didnt have a single investigator there, so that was way disappointing. Anyways, my lesson in church went well. I had to teach Elders Quorum for the first time and I had about two days notice to prepare for it haha. Oh so the last couple weeks I have failed to tell you what Bangalore is like.. So its a very crowded city with a lot smaller streets than Hyderabad, but it has a lot more single homes rather than apartment buildings which is kind of nice. There are a lot of trees here, stuff is a bit more pricey here, its humid and starting to get hot!! There are also a lot more somewhat wealthy people here. Umm there are a lot of stray dogs here, and its also a pretty big melting pot. There are people from china, japan, and a lot from the Congo. It's weird, the last few weeks have been a real challenge for me. I really am surrounded by millions of people but I have never felt so alone in my life. Thank goodness I can still talk to Elder Stevens and he told me to look up the talk "The Lonliness of Leadership" given by Gordon B. Hinckley in a 1969 BYU devotional and that was like exactly what I needed!! I think you guys should look it up and read it. Umm I dont have much else to tell you guys about. I'm jealous that you got to go camping and shooting!! I pick up my new companion in a couple hours, which will be nice... Thank you all for your love, support, and many prayers offered in my behalf!! i really feel those prayers working in my life. I love you guys so much!! Have a great week!!

Elder Trey Brimhall

No comments:

Post a Comment